The filing of an instrument against a vessel in accordance with subparts Q or R of this part may be terminated and, if recorded, removed from the record of that vessel by the filing of:
(a) A court order, affidavit, or Declaration of Forfeiture described in § 67.263; or
(b) A satisfaction or release instrument described in § 67.265 which meets the requirements of this part for filing and recording.
The encumbrances described in subparts Q and R of this part are removed from the record upon filing of:
(a) A copy of the order from a court of competent jurisdiction certified by an official of the court declaring title to the vessel to be free and clear, or declaring the encumbrance to be of no effect, or ordering the removal of the encumbrance from the record;
(b) A copy of the order from a Federal District Court in an in rem action certified by an official of the court requiring the free and clear sale of the vessel at a Marshal’s sale and, where issued under local judicial procedures, a copy of the order confirming such sale certified by an official of the court;
(c) A copy of an order from a Federal District Court certified by an official of the court declaring the vessel itself or the proceeds of its sale to be forfeited to the Federal Government of the United States for a breach of its laws; or
(d) Where the vessel was forfeited under an administrative forfeiture action to the Federal Government of the United States, either an affidavit from an officer of the agency which performed the forfeiture, who has personal knowledge of the particulars of the vessel’s forfeiture, or a Declaration of Forfeiture issued by the agency which performed the forfeiture.
(a) Meet all the requirements of subpart O of this part;
(b) Be signed by or on behalf of:
(1) Each mortgagee if a mortgage; or
(2) Each claimant if a notice of claim of lien; and
(c) Recite the following:
(1) The name of each mortgagor, if any, and the name of each mortgagee or claimant;
(2) The amount of the mortgage or claim of lien; and
(3) Information which clearly identifies the mortgage or claim of lien being satisfied or released. Such information will normally consist of the book and page where that mortgage or claim of lien is recorded. If the recording information cannot be provided because the satisfaction or release is being submitted prior to recording of the mortgage or claim of lien, the instrument must recite other information sufficient to clearly identify the encumbrance being satisfied or released.