CLICK HERE FOR THE MARINE SAFETY MANUAL VOL. II (1231 Pages)
COMMANDANT CHANGE NOTICE 16000
Subj: CH-1 TO THE MARINE SAFETY MANUAL VOLUME II, COMDTINST M16000.7B
1. PURPOSE. This Commandant Change Notice publishes a change to The Marine Safety Manual Volume II, COMDTINST M16000.7B.
2. ACTION. All Coast Guard unit commanders, commanding officers, officers-in-charge, deputy/assistant commandants, and chiefs of headquarters staff elements shall comply with the provisions of this Commandant Change Notice. Internet release is authorized.
3. DIRECTIVES AFFECTED. With the addition of this Commandant Change Notice, The Marine Safety Manual Volume II, COMDTINST M16000.7B, is updated. The following Navigation and Vessel Inspection Circulars (NVIC) are cancelled: 08-68 and 03-88 Ch. 1. The following Policy Letters are cancelled: CG-CVC Policy Letter 12-08, MOC Policy Letter Nos. 1-00, 02-01, 02-02, 03-01, 01-03, 05-03 and 02-05, CG-543 Policy Letters 10-03 and 11-06, CG-3PCV Policy Letter 07-04, and G-PCV Policy Letter 06-05.
4. DISCUSSION. This does not constitute a substantial change to the content of the previous version of this Manual. The primary reason for this change is to incorporate existing policy into the Manual to reduce the number of places Coast Guard members have to reference for guidance. Numerous non-technical changes have been made throughout the document including correcting misspellings and incorrect paragraph numbering.
5. DISCLAIMER. This guidance is not a substitute for applicable legal requirements, nor is it itself a rule. It is intended to provide operational guidance for Coast Guard personnel and is not intended to nor does it impose legally-binding requirements on any party outside the Coast Guard.